The Club actually began loosely in 1956. Bob Housholder (#18, AZ) sent out the first “Bulletin” in July 1967, and prior to that he was a master communicator by mail with dozens of sheep hunters.
Dennis Campbell took over in January 1990 and incorporated the organization for the first time, applying for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt conservation status. We received that designation in 1991 after a rather extensive exchange of paperwork with the IRS.
It is great to report that in that short history, we have accomplished funding of nearly $7,000,000 toward conservation.